Wednesday 17 February 2016

Visiting the new Head Mistress

The garden has been resting over the winter period,  the school changed its Head and  we made some new beds to grow more vegetables for the coming season.

It was great to meet Mrs Chatterson the other day, she is keen for the Gardening Club to continue and we have decided that I need at least 4 parent volunteers to help on Friday lunch times and some one to oversee the school shop Fridays after school later in the season (May/June/July,Sept/Oct)
The time will be from 12.15 - 13.15.

When I first spoke with Steve, I explained that I had brought mini trees and plants from West Bridgford in the hope that I could plant them in my garden. We have been waiting for nearly 14 months to get planning permission to start the built and we don't think the garden is ready for planing up until the summer of 2016.  So was grateful to have a space for the coming season to have my 'babies' accommodated in the St Luke's school garden (I have put all of them in the tall raised bed, that is about to fall apart, so after I have taken the plants to my garden, this bed will be dismantled)


Agi and her friend Marton, have cleared the area  in the middle of the garden and put 3 more square raised beds in, using a mix of home made compost and bought compost.  Hopefully our vegetables will love this open sunny spot.

Yesterday, I went to inspect the garden. The leeks are doing fine, the broad beans are about 30cm high but a bit spindly.

Next week, I will have got the next seasons sowing table ready and will put on the blog for you to see.

Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment